Mountain Laurel Academy is a "micro school" offering an academically focused alternative to homeschooling and public school.

1:1 to 1:6 in-class Student Teacher Ratio

  • Average class size is 5


Non-traditional Education Center

  • While the students are registered as homeschoolers, everything is taught at the school through certified teachers.
  • MLA is a non-traditional learning center, where students study at the center 60% of their academic week with the remaining 40% of the time in home study.

Student accountability, motivation, and independence

  • This is a true college preparatory program with an emphasis on independent learning, student accountability, and self-motivation.
  • Students develop skills necessary for success in multiple academic environments.


  • $6000/year for middle and high school. Additional fees are kept at a minimum
  • A scholarship fund is planned for the 2019-20 school year.

Flexible Schedule

  • Ability to adapt to individual student needs.
  • Flexibility for family travel, work schedules, and student needs.
  • Customized electives to student interest.

    Family Atmosphere

    • A true working relationship between students, teachers, and parents.
    • Weekly field trips and guest speakers provide an oppurtunity for school and community interaction.