Mountain Laurel Academy is a "micro school" offering an academically focused alternative to homeschooling and public school.
1:1 to 1:6 in-class Student Teacher Ratio
- Average class size is 5
Non-traditional Education Center
- While the students are registered as homeschoolers, everything is taught at the school through certified teachers.
- MLA is a non-traditional learning center, where students study at the center 60% of their academic week with the remaining 40% of the time in home study.
Student accountability, motivation, and independence
- This is a true college preparatory program with an emphasis on independent learning, student accountability, and self-motivation.
- Students develop skills necessary for success in multiple academic environments.
- $6000/year for middle and high school. Additional fees are kept at a minimum
- A scholarship fund is planned for the 2019-20 school year.
- Ability to adapt to individual student needs.
- Flexibility for family travel, work schedules, and student needs.
- Customized electives to student interest.
- A true working relationship between students, teachers, and parents.
- Weekly field trips and guest speakers provide an oppurtunity for school and community interaction.